Established in 2013, Fort Myers Brewing Company was the first microbrewery to open in Lee County and continues to lead Southwest Florida’s surging craft beer movement. Fort Myers Brewing carries a signature line of flagship beers in addition to seasonal brews and small-batch specialties. Its ales, lagers and Spyk’d Hard Seltzers are winners of multiple prestigious awards, including the World Beer Cup, Best Florida Beer Competition, and the Great American Beer Festival.
Fort Myers Brewing continues to grow year after year, and quickly. FMBrew has the opportunity to expand into new markets with new product offerings, refresh current products, and increase traffic to the taproom.
The Marketing & Customer Experience Director will collaborate with company leadership to lead the company’s marketing efforts in generating and executing fresh and exciting marketing campaigns. This role requires creativity, forward-thinking, a strong strategic vision, experience delivering outstanding customer experiences, teamwork and familiarity with craft beer and the industry.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Strategize and collaborate with ownership and leadership on brand positioning, brand identity, product mix and customer experiences to drive consumer demand and company profitability
- Understand marketing strategy, initiatives, brand storytelling and target audience identification to effectively develop campaigns that help FMBrew achieve its overarching business goals and drive consumer demand
- Direct the production of creative assets, including photoshoots, videos, packaging designs, merchandise, marketing collateral, etc. to ensure all projects and materials are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality
- Ensure that FMBrew’s history and story remains at the forefront across all areas of the business including, but not limited to, hiring and training team members, customer taproom experiences, distributor and agency partnerships, retail outlets and consumers and online content
- Support and manage relationships and processes with PR/marketing agency and freelance partners to:
- Develop marketing and advertising budgets and strategies related to taproom events and experiences
- Produce graphics as needed (on-site signage, can labels, digital marketing ads, etc.)
- Develop advertising campaigns (social media ads, radio ads, etc.) o Negotiate mutually beneficial sponsorship requests with relevant community and charity partners
- Develop public relations campaigns
- Manage FMBrew’s online presence, including, but not limited to, reputation management, social media content, and monitoring on platforms for questions/comments and responding in FMBrew’s brand voice
- Update the website’s calendar of events and coordinating website edits
- Develop and implement text and email campaigns o Manage photo and video library
- Provide oversight of the proper implementation of FMBrew’s brand to ensure that logos, graphic elements, color, fonts, imagery and brand voice are an accurate and consistent representation across all communications (internally and externally)
- Ensure that partnerships and affiliations with local nonprofit organizations, professional associations, civic groups, community events, businesses, vendors, etc. are an appropriate fit
- Stay up-to-date on marketing trends and best practices within the industry, while still adhering to FMBrew’s values and brand standards
- Serve as a media and community spokesperson for the business, as necessary
Events & Taproom
- Develop innovative, immersive experiences and events for FMBrew guests that go beyond beer!
- Create and manage operational and marketing toolkits for FMBrew vendors to foster a smooth, mutually beneficial partnership
- Work with taproom management to:
- Grow the four main festivals: Anniversary Party, Summer Beer Fest, Oktoberfest and Winter Wonderland
- Maintain a fun atmosphere
- Grow and manage text and email lists among taproom visitors and event go-ers
- Manage merchandise program including flagship, special event, holiday, seasonal and one-off merchandise.
- Analyze customer demographics and psychographics utilizing key data collected at point of sale, etc.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, market developments, and competitor activities to identify new opportunities
Distribution & Business Development
- Work with VP of Sales for branding and artwork design, POS and giveaways
- Assist with building Annual Business Plan presentations and developing and maintaining product release calendars
- Manage all donation and sponsorship requests and develop and manage reports to track donations
- Identify and lead special projects to increase brewery revenue and efficiency
- Develop and manage an employee appreciation program and committee
- 5 years in event coordination and/or marketing expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or marketing is preferred
- Experience in platforms, including Canva and/or Photoshop, WordPress, Social Media platforms, Google, etc.
- Adept at working with vendors, marketing teams, freelancers, retailers, and consumers to execute creative, content needs, and events
- Confidence in leading people and teams
- Solid understanding of social media and marketing best practices and digital management platforms and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven customer support experience with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and provide sound recommendations
- Commitment to continuous improvement, collaboration and resourcefulness with a get it done mentality
- Craft beer knowledge preferred
- Flexible in-office schedule; some evenings and weekends are required
Interested in joining our team? Visit our Contact Us page and upload your resume!